Search This Blog

Tuesday 18 March 2014

Week 7 - the one metre stride

Week 7 was a difficult one. My legs hurt a lot and a couple of runs were extremely hard. I ran during a quite foggy day and it seemed to make breathing difficult, I just wasn’t able to get enough air in and at the right moment. I also ran on a lovely spring evening and my legs felt really heavy. It would have been a great run if I felt good as the weather was lovely and the woods near Coventry Lane looked really nice bathed in the orange glow of the setting sun.


whilst looking for some painkillers to take before I went out one evening I found a pedometer. It had ended up in the medicine box because it was a change for life freebie and it was in a pill box as a gimmick.

I set it up and wore it that day to see how many steps were in a 5km run. It turns out there was 5325. So it would seem I have about a 1 metre stride. I guess I should have known that really but it was interesting to see. Some of that total was actually be stumbling around the kitchen afterwards as I forgot to switch it off.

I admitted defeat with my leg pain in the end and booked a Sports Massage with PhysioNeeds at Rushcliffe Leisure centre.Victoria at PN was very good, I had to answer a load of health questions and then she asked about the reasons I had attended. I had nearly an hour of quite intense massage. That was of course a nice way of saying it was bloody painful at times. Well worth it though, a few more of these and then regular sessions should keep thing ‘running’ smoothly.




Donations have been slow last week but its still early days i guess.
The hospice have done a great job organising the TSB run which takes place on Thursday 20th March at 3pm. I'm looking forward to that.
All in all it was a tough week, ending with a nice steady Sunday run of 7km.

No comments:

Post a Comment