Search This Blog

Monday 10 February 2014

5k a day for a year - Week 2

The second week is done and it saw me start off with a blistering time of 26 mins 20 secs. I was amazed at this. I have yet to get anywhere near that time since. It just so happened that a couple ran from aside road ahead of me and I thought I could either slow up a touch and stay behind them till they turn off or I speed up and get ahead. The trouble with the latter is that if it turns out I’ve bitten more off that I can chew I’ve got to keep it up as there is no way I’m going to let them catch me up again! I went for the second option, got in to a rhythm and it seemed to work wonders for the time.
The new head torch arrived on Tuesday so I waited for it to get proper dark and ventured out.


It worked really well, but as one of my friends commented on the video I posted to Facebook, it all got a bit ‘Blairwitch’. At the darkest part of the run I remembered a quote from Bill Bailey, He said something like; “It’s always the joggers that find the bodies” no doubt referring to the fact that you can’t trust them not to be the murderers. I know I’m not a murderer, but it didn’t stop me from dwelling a bit too long on the subject generally! Brilliant run though. See the full video here
Spooky!


Great news! I now have a new pair of shorts and some more socks! I know, exciting isn’t it? I have to say it genuinely did make me happy. I am exploring the fact that i may be a little odd. 

I woke at 6.30am on Saturday morning on the sofa after a rough night of not much sleep. This was mainly due to my youngest being ill and wanting to be in our bed. It was too warm so I vacated, didn’t really sleep much after that.  I had a wedding to photograph that day so a good night sleep before hand is always key, plus I knew I would be working till at least 9pm so a muddy morning run was the only option it was a bit of a wet and blustery week for running on the whole and coming in to a hot chocolate makes for a great incentive to get round quick.
Saturdays mud



Another dark and cold one!

With £437 via www.justgiving.com/5kaday I am slightly ahead when it comes to donations at this point, so thank you to all who have taken the time to donate already. I am even being given £1 a week for every week of the challenge by someone, that’s £52 in total which is quite substantial sum for one individual to pledge.
In chair mode (post run)


On a separate note, I have been able to donate £133 to the hospice from business profits too, thank you to all who have bought prints from Andy Wallis Photography.

What’s coming up?
Im still happy to run with guest stars. All you have to do is donate to my just giving page and then get in touch. Don’t be put off by ability, fast or slow it really doesn’t matter. Look out for the hospice tee shirt running a few park runs soon. After a great meeting with The Nottinghamshire FA we have arranged to be included on the website and I will be running around St Georges Park The FA’s Training facility on Monday 2nd June. We might be able to do more with their help too. Although nothing is promised at this point, Enterprise Car Hire have a charity foundation where each region is provided with a certain amount of money per year to give to charities. A foundation request must be submitted to a board. These assessments are done twice a year and we will be submitting the challenge later in the year. Wish us luck there. There are one or two more things in the pipeline so keep an eye on the blog for more information as it comes in.



Makes it all worth while

All in all another good week. 

Find out more and donate at: www.justgiving.com/5kaday
follow my progress by clicking the endomondo logo on right.

No comments:

Post a Comment