Search This Blog

Monday 17 February 2014

Windy week 3

Before we start, people ask me why I'm doing this, well how about this?

...'A big thank you to all at the hospice where my mum spends many happy hours with her new friends. You have so enriched her life and validated her reason for living'

That's week 3 under my belt. What can i say about it apart from the weather, running against the wind, getting caught in the rain but missing the snow on Tuesday was a bonus. Not only was missing the snow a bonus, i ran a personal best (PB) of 26 minutes.
Windy Wednesday came and went, stealing 2 roof tiles, and a bucket full of concrete out of the gable end! After seeing what it had done to our roof I decided to keep out of the wind so i ran the dark Nottingham canal route as it is really well sheltered, Head torch on. i ran without music so i could hear the sound of falling trees (just in case). I emerged back out on the pavement for the last kilometre and i was stopped in my tracks by the gales more than once. I arrived back feeling like id ran 10k not 5.
brave face on windy Wednesday

I felt awful on Friday and then went and did 7k. Just goes to show. 

Saturday was my first ever parkrun. Steve Corry came along, the guy i ran the first route trial with from the hospice in preparation for the first ever run. It was a nice bright morning at Rushcliffe Country park, although still quite windy and bitter cold unsurprisingly. We ran as part of a gathering of around 160 other runners and finished 93rd and 94th. see the full results table here.
waiting for the off at Rushcliffe
I really enjoyed the whole experience at Rushcliffe, i will definitely be returning as often as i can, The parkruns are all volunteer run and are held all over the country, with a cuppa and a biscuit afterwards its a very civilised way of keeping active.
Last nights run (Sunday) was a quick one. Ran with Adam again, who feeling he was slowing me down, turned it up a notch. all i will say is we didn't chat much, we didn't have the spare air! Great run though. It's nice to do a few like that.

The Donations have been coming in well, as of today (Monday 17th Feb 2014) there is 5% of my total sitting in the just giving account, £555. I'm so pleased with the response thank you all who have taken the time to donate, its what its all about and it makes the running easier to do.

There is a possibility that i'll be running between the branches of a certain bank next month. more on this when it comes in. Lets hope we can get a top up in the account and i also hope we can get some the staff out on the road also.

Oh yeah, I managed to get a Retweet on twitter from Torville and Dean!

I'm often employed to cover special events and matches for Basford Utd FC, they are currently doing all they can to get enough votes via here to be eligible for 100k grant. The club have told me that if anyone donating to my challenge then goes to Budweiser Club Futures on Facebook up to 28th feb, my friends at Basford Utd FC will kindly donate a £1. follow the link and vote for them,
Help me, help Nottinghamshire Hospice and help them! Thank you to Chris and the team. And good luck!

Bring on week 4!

No comments:

Post a Comment