Search This Blog

Wednesday 7 May 2014

100 runs, Cake, Radio and TV

It was an exciting day on Tuesday 6th May as i reached the first 100 runs. The day started well with my better half Lisa donating a bit more to the just giving page which took my total to £1110. Later that morning i was informed that i was mentioned on Local TV news as well as being
due on the morning show on BBC Radio Nottingham, hosted by Mark Dennison to talk 5k a day. I've been on his show before to talk about photography but this time he conducted the interview outside. It made me feel a little less nervous as we weren't in the studio and at the end of the interview i had to run away from mic. This wasn't rehearsed but i found by self sort of scuffing my feet as i ran so it would be heard better as i ran away. I'm obviously a natural. I took a Nottinghamshire Hospice tee shirt with me for Mark to sign too.
I have decided to get signatures on the shirt from all those who have helped me or donated along the way. The hospice staff had a brilliant cake made with what looked like a marzipan me running on the top to mark the 100 runs too. 
A couple of days before i had put a status on Facebook asking for volunteers to run with me to mark the 100th run on Tuesday evening. It was short notice but we had 8 runners turn up. we arranged to meet at 7.30pm at Bramcote Hills Park, Lisa bought us all water and i took a camera and my signing tee-shirt. I lead us off and Adam Patrick was the trailing runner, he called it 'taking one for the team'.
We ended up in 3 smaller groups with my eldest son Joshua leading us. He stayed up front all the way round the 5.6km. Thank you to (left to right) Gary Robertson, Paul Massey, Peter McConnochie, Joshua Wallis, Me, Adam Patrick, Tony Perry, Wendy Marriot and Lisa Tandy for helping me mark the occasion. If you would like to join one of these runs look out for the half way event at run 182.5! Another surprise from The Clarkson Family recently was this amazing Lego 5kaday model called the 'Wallis-Running-Man-Totaliser-5000 complete with Lego man runners. Lauren Clarkson (aged 7 ½) and Alex (aged 10).
Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment